Always happy to help. Kev needs some assistance at Heart Radio - be quick... must be able to work 'YOU' into every line ....
Senior Broadcast Journalist
A full-time job at Global in Cambridge
Posted 23 May, 2016 in News
You will be able to create original and compelling news content that will appeal to our target audiences.
You’ll also make sure that everything you do is compliant with legal and broadcast regulations, and consistent with Global’s values and standards.
You’ll be using a full range of multi-media tools, to research, write and edit local online news that creates an interactive experience for our listeners and improves our online figures.
What you will be doing
You’ll be “on desk” writing and reading bulletins as well as thinking about story ideas and coming up with prospects for Cambridgeshire and the wider East region.
You will be researching and presenting news bulletins, and you will be passionate about writing original and exciting news and current affairs content across our multiple platforms.
You will work with the rest of the East Team to develop and produce original content that goes above and beyond everyday reporting.
What we expect of you
- You’ll need at least 2 years experience in a newsroom, creating original radio and online journalism including reporting, desk editing and bulletin production.
- You’ll be reading the news and so you should have an excellent ‘radio’ voice as well as experience of presenting and delivering both live and pre-recorded bulletins.
- You'll have a BJTC journalism qualification, which includes media law.
- News is 24/7 and not a 9-5 job so you’re expected to be flexible should a big story break.
- You’ll have excellent networking skills, with experience of contributing to effective contacts databases.
- You should have a good understanding of the region in which you are working and the key issues facing that region.
- A full, clean UK Driving License [SIC] is essential
- Regional News Editor
- Deputy Regional News Editor and Senior Journalists
- Managing Editor
- Regional and Group News Teams
- Managing Director of the Broadcast Centre
Please send a CV plus an MP3 recording of an example bulletin to firstname.lastname@example.org REF: YOU
Closing date: June 3rd 2016
If you'd like more information, please call Huw James, Regional News Editor, East on 01908 591640
JULIAN BRAY +44(0)1733 345581 Aviation Expert, Journalist & Broadcaster, Aviation Security & Airline Operations Expert, Travel / Maritime & Cruise Industry, NUJ, EQUITY, LIVE ISDN LINK, Broadcast ISDN COOBE ++44 (0)1733 345020 e&oe Old faithful NOKIA: 07944 217476 www.aviationcomment.com