|For CFM Christmas is clearly early this year with a record Paris Air Show order book!|
LE BOURGET, France — 21 June 2017 — CFM International has secured a record number of orders during the 2017 Paris Air Show.
These included orders for 1,658 LEAP and CFM56 engines, in addition to long-term service agreements, at a value of more than $27.3 billion U.S. at list price.
The orders reflect the worldwide wholesale move to single-aisle aero fleets.
The company is set to leave the Show with a 2017 order book of more than 2,850 engines and total LEAP orders on the books for more than 14,000 engines.
“This air show has far surpassed all of our expectations,” said an excited Gaël Méheust, President and CEO of CFM International. “It is highly gratifying and humbling to have so many airlines put their faith in CFM to power and support their single-aisle fleets. Now, it is our job to reinforce, every day, that they have made the right choice.”
A recap of the week’s activities:
- Spring Airlines: 120 LEAP-1A engines
- IAG: 110 LEAP-1A engines & RPFH
- GECAS: 200 LEAP-1A engines
- CDB Leasing: 92 LEAP-1B engines
- Spice Jet: 40 LEAP-1B engines
- Tibet Financial Leasing: 40 LEAP-1B engines
- ICBC Leasing: 80 LEAP-1A engines
- ALAFCO: 40 LEAP-1B engines
- BOC Aviation: 20 LEAP-1B engines
- Lion Air: 100 LEAP-1B engines
- Aviation Capital Group: 40 LEAP-1B engines
- China Southern: 100 LEAP-1A engines
- Air Lease Corporation: 50 LEAP-1A engines
- China Eastern: 140 LEAP-1A engines & RPFH
- K5 Aviation: 2 LEAP-1A engines
- Avolon Leasing: 150 LEAP-1B engines
- Okay: 30 LEAP-1B engines
- Blue Air: 12 LEAP-1B engines
- Ryanair: 20 LEAP-1B engines
- CALC: 100 LEAP-1B engines
- Norwegian: 4 LEAP-1B engines
- Japan Investor Advisors: 20 LEAP-1B engines
- VEB Leasing: 40 LEAP-1A engines
- VEB Leasing: 44 LEAP-1B engines
- Delta Airlines: 20 CFM56-5B engines
- Arkia: Rate Per Flight Hour agreement
- Turkish Airlines: Rate Per Flight Hour agreement
- Air Lease Corporation: 24 LEAP-1B engines
- Ethiopian: 20 LEAP-1B engines
*LEAP-1B: Boeing 737 MAX
CFM International, is a 50/50 joint company between General Electric (GE) and Safran Aircraft Engines. The company claims the LEAP engine has experienced the fastest order take up in commercial aviation history. ...
JULIAN BRAY +44(0)1733 345581, Journalist & Broadcaster, Aviation Security & Airline Operations Analyst/expert, www.freelancedirectory.org?name=Julian.Bray.aviation.comment, Travel / Maritime & Cruise Industry, NUJ, EQUITY, LIVE ISDN LINK, Broadcast ISDN COOBE ++44 (0)1733 345020 e&oe Old faithful NOKIA: 07944 217476 www.aviationcomment.com,